A 13-year-old Connecticut boy is in “grave condition” and two others are being monitored after overdosing on fentanyl at college.
The seventh-grader collapsed contained in the gymnasium on the Sports and Medical Science Academy in Hartford on Thursday morning, authorities mentioned.
Cops discovered proof of narcotics close to the scholar, which they later decided to be the opioid fentanyl.
A college nurse carried out CPR on the unconscious boy till EMTs arrived and rushed him to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
Around the identical time, faculty employees recognized two different potential victims in a classroom in a special a part of the varsity constructing.
Those two seventh-graders, who by no means misplaced consciousness, have been admitted to the hospital for commentary after complaining of dizziness.
Police consider all three could have come into contact with the fentanyl on the identical time.
“I don’t think it’s clear where it was ingested,” Hartford Police Chief Jason Thody mentioned. “It seems as though (the three boys) were together when it was ingested and then separated.”
Police discovered proof of narcotics close to the scholar who overdosed on fentanyl.Hartford Public Schools
Police are nonetheless investigating the supply of the medication and no fees have been filed.
“It appears that the drug was brought to the school by a student,” Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin mentioned.
“There were multiple additional bags of what we believe was fentanyl found around the school, which again we believe was brought by a student.”
The faculty was evacuated and drug-sniffing canines have been introduced in to assist with a radical search of the constructing.
Multiple baggage of fentanyl have been discovered across the Sports and Medical Science Academy.WVIT
Those who have been evacuated from the varsity needed to be decontaminated earlier than being allowed to go away as a result of some types of fentanyl might be harmful when airborne.
Superintendent of Hartford Public Schools, Leslie Torres-Rodriguez, mentioned the faculties will not be equipped with Narcan — the emergency drug used to deal with opioid overdoses.
With Post wires